Monday, May 09, 2011

some thoughts

so, it seems that I generally need a change in scenery in order to get the creative juices flowing; it just ain't happening at home. Not for drawing anyway; felting I can usually get done, just fine.

which would explain why many of my favorite drawings have come about at, say, Microsoft Game test Studio lunch rooms, at a table at Taco Del Mar, Ooba's, or a late-night trip to Denny's (past about 2am, I come up with awesomely weird stuff; we're talkin' cheerleader with a Boots head).

Sadly, there's almost always someone waiting for me to move my ass, because there's somewhere they want to be. Where do I want to be? Where the ideas are, thank you. So, sit your butt down; there are 5 more pages in my sketchbook that need filling, so cool it! The coffee refills are free.
..and depending on who you are, my impatient friend, you may have a Nintendo DS, an iPhone, a Sudoku book, a Blackberry, or a phone call to take outside.

This is why I occasionally want to go out alone.
sure, sometimes a barista will give you a funny look, after the third hour of sitting, sucking coffees and drawing intensely, but I often don't notice after the first thirty minutes, to be honest.

and if there's no sketchbook, I try to limit myself to 5 paper napkins. >_>

Anyway. it sounds like Matt is starting to make the cheese beans for dinner, and will likely gripe about how I "made him" make dinner, because I was just sitting, doing nothing, if I don't get into the kitchen, pronto.

Ciao,
-Elf

No comments: