Thursday, March 01, 2012

12th Avenue Cafe

So, yesterday I drove Waldo to the Issaquah PetCo for his annual bath and buzz (make 'im nekkid!), and needed to kill a couple hours.

I knew I was hungry, and knew I was close to places with nums.
Go somewhere big, cheap and corporate? Maybe. But most of those places are not super tasty, and tend to have wheat gluten EVERYWHERE.

I also realized that I needed to pee, and that it was really cold and windy.

After walking along the sidewalks for a few minutes, I saw the 12th Avenue Cafe (http://www.12thavenuecafe.com/), and decided to go for it. I like little mom & pop style places; it's always a few dollars more, but the food is almost invariably worth it.

Most of the food also contains at least one thing that I'm allergic to, but again the "food is so good; it's totally worth it" thing comes in to play. I ended up getting their Jimmy's Turkey Melt and it was AMAZING. It's like what Denny's Super Bird is trying to be, but will never quite manage it.

When the sammich came, I picked it up and said "this is going to make me so sick... so I will savor every bite, and make it worth the agony to come". and you know what?
As I suffered in the washroom at 4am, today... I said to myself, with steely resolve "no regrets".

Anyway, here's my thank-you drawing.


No comments: