Wednesday, March 21, 2012

thoughts on exotic pets

So it's about 2am, and my brain is still chuggin' away, and I had a realization... and a silly thought.

I'm a classically trained artist, and work as a freelance illustrator and fiber sculptor; money has never been abundant, but that doesn't stop me from pursuing my hobbies-- ya just get creative!

so, I decided to make a small list of Ts best suited for broke artists, lol!
Criteria:
slow moving -- downright sedentary, even; that way you can draw them, easily.
docile -- so you can place it in a still life, if so inspired. (optional)
low maintenence -- low humidity reqs included; it needs to be a-okay if the artist ends up living in their studio for a couple days.
cheap -- I'd say a $25 USD cap (slings, most likely)

my top 3 picks would be

g rosea
g pulchripes (sling)
b albopilosum (sling - juvi)

if I had more money ($50 USD cap)

b smithi
g pulchra
GBB

if i didn't care about handling, I'd go with any number of poecilotheria (pokies) or maybe even baboons.

and if I were rich, I'd have a 2 bedroom apartment and one room would be the hot room; kept at 75F with a small space heater, and I would house my exotherms there. Then I'd buy a bunch of p metallica tarantulas (Gooty Ornamental, or Gooty Sapphire), and breed them! To help reduce the pressure on wild populations. :)

anyway. here's a picture. rejoice.

...looks like I can't attach a pic.
goodnight.

No comments: